Having finished his studies in Biology at the University of Zurich in Switzerland Martin Haefliger started in 1984 his culinary mushroom production in a greenhouse nearby Zurich.
In 1988 this mushroom production site was the first one in Switzerland to be approved of as fullfiling organic standards.
During the following 18 years Mr. Haefliger became more and more experienced in the cultivation of various culinary mushrooms such as Pleurotus ostreatus, Agaricus bisporus, Pholiota nameko, Lentinus edodes and many other species not yet popular at that time.
In the year 2002 Jutta and Martin Haefliger founded the company „Biofungi GmbH Switzerland“ with the aim to provide the organic food industry, organic wholesalers and retail salers with prime quality organic mushrooms.
In 2003 we founded our German company “Biofungi Germany“ with the strategic aim to hold all required permits in our own hands as well as the be able to sell our mushrooms within the European countries without facing borders respectively delay through customs.
In the year 2007 the “Biofungi Germany“ company changed its legal status from being an independent personally owned company to a dependant branch office of the Swiss company Biofungi GmbH.
Besides trade with organic mushrooms we started in 2006 with the distribution of Nutritional Mushroom Products – both in conventional and organic quality. 2008 Martin Haefliger started to develop innovative formulations of Supplements on customers request.
• Today we provide a full service for Supplements including product development, sourcing the raw materials and producing with customers brand.
Since the business segment Supplements is rapidly growing we decided to split the former Biofungi GmbH company on the 1st of September 2015 into the follwing 2 companies :
• The Biofungi GmbH which continues to trade Culinary Mushrooms.
• The new company Biofungi Supplements AG which develops and trades Supplements including Nutritional Mushroom Products.
Our warehouse is located in the middle of Germany in Thueringen. This central geografic location enables us to deliver our products to our German and European customers without delay.
All our products are stored at minus 25°C in order to prevent contaminations through insects and quality loss through moisture or enzymatic degradation. We keep large quantities in stock -normally one years supply- in order to provide our customers continuously and just in time with our products.
• The Biofungi Supplements AG is certified organic by BCS.
Our main features are
1. Providing high quality Mushroom Extracts and Mushroom Powders for the Supplements Industry
• As bulk in organic and conventional quality.
• As capsules filled with pure mushroom extracts in bulk.
• As finished products of customer owned formulations - ready for sale.
2. Developing and Producing high quality customer owned formulations
3. Research and Development
• Mushroom powder enriched with Vitamin D2
• Fermented Soja with a high content of Vitamin K2 (MK-7).